Jack-in-a-box: Community engagement project for Forest Hill
We want someone to:
Coordinate and curate a series of workshops, events, exhibitions and timetable of other activities in different spaces in Forest Hill to animate them and create a draw for people to pop in. This could include showcase displays for local businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals who want to add to the footfall of Forest Hill.
Through the programme of activities and events, creatively encourage new ideas that engage with identity and place and explore what the community wants and needs from their high street.
Ensure spaces are accessible (both physically and visually) to as wide a range of existing traders on the high street and a diverse group of residents.
The key outputs are:
- to deliver a busy footfall to the space being used
- to engage local residents to reflect the diversity of the area, particularly those living in social housing
- to capture information and feedback from visitors to the spaces
- to encourage more volunteers to support SEE3 – this may include help with the workshops
- to deliver 3 to 5 key activities/events
- to write up a report on the programme and include spaces used, events and activities, visitor numbers, volunteering time etc and any next steps required from feedback provided.
Spaces available include:
- Existing businesses – Capitol (Wetherspoons pub), Stag & Bow etc
- Public spaces including Forest Hill library and Forest Hill pools
Support will be available from volunteers plus contacts with local organizations including:
- SEE3 Core Group
- SEE3 Community & Social Capital Action Group for artistic input and work with Sydenham Arts Festival Director, Jonathan Kaufman
- SEE3 Enterprise and Creative Action Group for work with Forest Hill Traders Association and links to the Totally Locally Fiver Fest
- SEE3 Comms, Events and Marketing Action Group for regular eNews and support on flyers
- Lewisham Homes Community Involvement Officer – Joy Burnett
- Volunteer Centre Lewisham – Kay Kelleher
Budget available for the consultant and materials is £8k
Timescale from January to finish at Easter 2014
Closing date is Wednesday 18 December
Shortlisting on Thursday 19 with interviews on Friday 20 December
To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org