The teams behind the SEE3 projects are looking for creative organisations or budding entrepreneurs to run our pop up shops for December, take a market stall at our Christmas markets or run an event.
The Shop Revolution
The Shop Revolution team are opening the doors of three pop up shops on December 1st, one in each area: Sydenham, Kirkdale and Forest Hill, and are inviting applications to run the shops from the 1st-24th December. The key criteria for applicants include:
- Be largely self-sufficient, which includes being able to manage any payments required and have staff to man the space. There may be an opportunity to be part of a collaborative group. Please enquire at email@example.com for details.
- Organisations can be commercial, arts or community. We just ask that that applicants can demonstrate that the proposition will attract interest from the local community, particularly over the Christmas period.
- There will be a charge of £200 per shop, and the successful candidates will need to have Public Liability Insurance along with any other insurance or licenses required to run their business.
- Having had experience running projects of a similar nature will be advantageous.
The purpose of the pop up shops is to demonstrate the opportunities they present in drawing footfall to a high street, to bring a diverse offering to the community and to highlight the benefits of meanwhile use to landlords by making these spaces more desirable to prospective tenants. There will be the opportunity to rent some of these shops after the Christmas pop ups with reduced barriers, such as a rent-free period or a short lease so that organisations can trial their business on the high streets. Details will follow over the coming weeks.
Applications need to be submitted by end Monday 5th November (9th November for Sydenham unit). You can download the form here (Word document).
The Selection Process
There will be a selection panel which will include a member of The Shop Revolution, a local trader and the landlord.
- Forest Hill/Kirkdale: Applications will be shortlisted Tuesday 6th November and successful applicants will be invited to meet the team Wednesday 7th November. Selections will be announced Friday 9th November.
- Sydenham: dates info here
Key dates (Forest Hill/Kirkdale)
- Thursday 1st November– we are holding viewings at the two confirmed participating shops as follows:
- 161 Kirkdale: 12pm – 1pm and 6pm – 7pm
- 49 London Road: 1pm – 2pm and 7pm – 8pm
- Please confirm by email if you wish to attend the viewing.
- Monday 5th November – application deadline
- Tuesday 6th November – shortlisted applicants advised
- Wednesday 7th November – shortlisted applicants meet with the selection panel to talk through the applications, view portfolios and any supporting materials.
- Friday 9th November – selections to be announced
- Monday 1st December – shops open
- Monday 24th December – shops close
SEE3 Markets are looking for traders for Christmas markets. The markets will offer locals seasonal gastronomic goodies and fine festive gifts. There will be a Retro & Craft Fair in Kirkdale, a Festive Food Market in Sydenham and a Festive Makers Market in Forest Hill. Dates and applications to be released shortly. Deborah Efemini, the SEE3 Markets Coordinator is looking for bakers, florists, vintage and antique dealers, confectioners and crafters.
Applicants are required to produce or make their own products, with the exception of vintage dealers. Stalls for this market will be provided and the cost to trade is £25. For more information or to register your interest email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for the Antiques/Retro and Crafts Market need to be submitted by Friday 23rd November and Christmas crafts/food/gifts applications by Friday 30th November.
We are also looking for entertainment to take place at the markets and in the shops in the high streets throughout December. Contact the teams at email@example.com for more information.